- Category: Education
- Released: 28 October 2012
- Version: 1.0
- Size: 13.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: HR INSIDE PTY LTD
Requirements: Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch and iPad. Requires iOS 4.3 or later.
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO PURCHASE THIS APP PLEASE DO SO VIA THIS LINK- iTunes
The world today can be an extremely confusing place for everyone especially children. It is easy to get caught up in all the negativity. Sometimes we all need a little help to break the negative cycle and start feeling better again. Positive Penguins is an app that was developed by kids to help teach their peers how to turning negative thought processes into more positive feelings.
- How Are You Feeling
- Contains pictures of twelve penguins that are expressing different emotions. Each user picks the penguin that expresses how they are currently feeling. Three of the emotions are happy feelings and offer the user an opportunity to play a game. The other nine emotions are bad feelings and the app walks the child through a series of questions (in a step by step format) that they are required to type an answer. These questions help the user realize they can turn the negative thoughts into positive ones. At the end of the series of questions, you have the option to email the entire positive penguin challenge to yourself to use as a reference at a later time.
- A penguin has seventy five seconds and twenty snowballs to eliminate the five fish swimming in the ocean. It is a simple game but offers a fun way to reward the users for having worked through an emotion.
- An area that explains the purpose of the app to educators and parents as well as the difficulties that are experienced when working of emotions and the benefits of doing so.
- Provides two complete examples of the questions that users will be asked if they choose a specific emotion and potential answers that could be provided to the questions.
The app is also slightly customizable. It is easily done through the settings function. It allows me to determine how many times each day I am asked how I am feeling, what email address the information comes from and if the questions are read to the user out loud or if they need to read them on their own.
Things I would like to see changed in future updates:
More information about the Positive Penguins apps can be viewed by clicking on the following links: